The Jamaica Olympic Association (JOA) under the patronage of the Commonwealth Sport
Foundation eqUIP Internship Programme is pleased to invite suitably qualified applicants for
the role of Marketing & Public Relations Intern as follows:
The Marketing & Public Relations Intern will be responsible for assisting with the coordination,
organization, planning and execution of assigned Marketing and PR initiatives, programs and
activities of the Association and its Member Federations. The duration of the internship is 12
months. The intern will join a global internship programme which spans the entire
Commonwealth Sport Movement and will join a diverse and dynamic set of interns from the
Americas and Africa who are currently playing an active role in their respective sport
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create marketing and promotional materials for JOA and member federations.
- Organize press conferences, meetings, conferences, workshops and other events.
- Prepare content for media, website and social media platforms.
- Assist with maintaining and developing new content for corporate website.
- Assist member federations with the planning, layout and updating of their websites.
- Assist member federations with developing and or updating their marketing plans.
- Assist with organizing branding/image workshops for athletes.
- Manage the image of the Association across media platforms.
- Assist in identifying avenues for showcasing the work of the Association and its members
- Liaise with media personnel to cover events as required.
- Prepare press releases, press kits and articles for publication as required
- Assist with the build out of the Association’s YouTube Channel.
- Any other duties as assigned.
PERSONAL ASSETS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management/Administration, Marketing, General Management or
related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least Two (2) years working experience in Marketing, Event/Project Administration, Sports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications.
- Quick study in engaging with new/required technological tools.
- Knowledge of sports administration.
- Social media savvy.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Sound problem-solving and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and creativity in execution of role.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and connections that would be beneficial to the
Please email resume and cover letter to equipInternship2@gmail.com by May 20, 2023. All responses
are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a response.